Exciting International Teaching Opportunity in Brunei!
Are you ready for a unique teaching adventure in a tropical paradise? CfBT is seeking passionate and qualified Secondary English/ESL Teachers to join our team in Brunei from January 2024. This is an incredible opportunity to experience a remarkable work and life experience while making a positive impact on the education of local students.
Why choose CfBT and Brunei?
Our English language programme in Brunei Darussalam in the island of Borneo in South East Asia could be your next overseas adventure!
As an English teacher for CfBT you will have the opportunity to:
You will receive an excellent salary and benefits package for this role including:
If you are interested in finding out more please look at our Brunei site https://www.cfbt.org and read the FAQs at https://www.cfbt.org/frequently-asked-questions . Please also view some videos of living and working in Brunei at https://www.cfbt.org/elt-video-interviews/, follow our Facebook page, CfBT Education Services and discover the work of our parent organisation at www.educationdevelopmenttrust.com.
To be eligible you must:
1) Hold a degree from a university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, USA
2) Hold Qualified Teacher Status/teacher accreditation (PGCE, Bed, DipT etc.) A TEFL cert with degree is not sufficient
3) Have a minimum 3 years relevant classroom teaching experience post qualification with at least 1 year's experience of teaching English/ESL for secondary and lower primary (Key stage 1) experience for primary
4) Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
5) Be able to drive. Note that the test to obtain a Bruneian driving licence will take place in a manual car
Covid-19 : We are following the guidance provided by the Brunei Government. We will ensure we keep all applicants updated with any changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and relevant child protection agencies
At CfBT, we are committed to empowering teachers, inspiring learners and delivering education solutions in Brunei Darussalam. We recruit and carefully place highly qualified teachers, developed a nationwide programme designed to improve the quality and proficiency of literacy and numeracy teaching across Brunei, deliver expert training solutions to local companies and we remain the only company in Brunei that provides IELTS examinations for those who want to study or work abroad.
Our deep understanding of Brunei’s local context, specialist education expertise and project management skills allows us to achieve what matters to us most; contributing to His Majesty the Sultan of Brunei’s 2035 vision of a well-educated, highly skilled and accomplished population.